Maintenance-free motorcycle batteries (AGM)
Items 1-12 of 68
- Exide AGM12-10 Maintenance Free Motorcycle BatteryRegular Price £59.90 Special Price £46.59
- Exide AGM12-12 Maintenance Free Motorcycle BatteryRegular Price £69.88 Special Price £56.57
- Exide AGM12-14 Maintenance Free Motorcycle BatteryRegular Price £76.54 Special Price £63.19
- Exide AGM12-16 Maintenance Free Motorcycle BatteryRegular Price £84.86 Special Price £64.89
- Exide AGM12-18 Maintenance Free Motorcycle BatteryRegular Price £95.67 Special Price £73.42
- Exide AGM12-23 Maintenance Free Motorcycle BatteryRegular Price £115.64 Special Price £73.00
- Exide AGM12-31 Maintenance Free Motorcycle BatteryRegular Price £160.57 Special Price £87.35
Items 1-12 of 68
What is a maintenance-free AGM battery?
AGM batteries are motorcycle batteries which require an acid package. AGM batteries require some overpressure for proper functioning and are therefore closed. A self-closing safety valve opens when the pressure increases due to overcharging (0.18 bar) and closes as soon as equilibrium is restored (<0.15 bar). The gas that is then released will mainly consist of oxygen, but also contains some hydrogen. This loss can no longer be topped up due to the construction of the motorcycle battery and therefore means a shortening of the service life. So it is important not to overcharge AGM motor batteries!
The main advantages of an AGM motorcycle battery are:
- Minimal gas formation that, in normal use, remains below the concentration that makes the mixture of hydrogen and oxygen (oxyhydrogen) explosive (4%)
- Protection of the battery plates against vibration and shocks.
- There is no release of battery acid when the battery is damaged or tipped over.
- Mounting in a tilted state up to 45 degrees is possible.
Want to buy an AGM motorcycle battery with an acid package?
With the help of the search engine you can choose your motorcycle, model and year of construction and thus find the suitable motorcycle battery for your motorcycle. Not sure if you have any other questions about the right battery for your motorcycle? We are of course happy to advise you, so that you ultimately end up with the perfect motorcycle battery.